Crafts have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.
As a little girl, I made my sister & myself Barbie doll clothes on my great grandmother's antique treadle sewing machine (without using any patterns). Christmas gifts were always handmade.
When my husband encouraged me to start selling crafts to the public, Adeline's was born.
When I became frustrated at poorly written craft patterns that I couldn't understand and found myself redesigning them, I stumbled upon a hidden talent. Adeline’s was founded on 100% homemade crafts, but took on a whole new life of its own when I tried my hand at designing my own patterns.
There have been many changes along the way:
from doing craft shows on the weekends to starting this website;
from producing completed crafts to designing my own patterns;
from mailing paper patterns, to emailing patterns, to automical digital downloads.
It is challenging, ever-changing, frustrating at times . . . but I love every minute of it!
Adeline’s was named after my late maternal grandmother, Irma Adeline Haack, whom I miss dearly. Sadly, she passed away before her namesake became a reality. I know she would have been tickled pink.
- Watching clothes waving in the breeze on the clothesline (and smelling that wonderful aroma when they are brought in the house).
- Digging in the dirt and watching plants grow.
- The smell of freshly-mown grass.
- Canning the bountiful garden produce on a hot summer day.
- The heavenly aroma of homemade bread baking in the oven. (Once you've tasted it, you can't eat store bought bread every again!)
- Listening to frogs and crickets make their music.
- Watching fireflies dance across the backyard at dusk.
- Sitting on the back porch with my beloved dog, just stroking her hair and being in the moment.
I could go on and on . . . I do love the old-fashioned simple life.
I have been richly blessed in ways I had never thought possible & I thank God every day for this adventure I call "Adeline's".
As always, everything is 100% homemade in Minnesota . . . by me!